Planning Ahead: Prep Tips Two Weeks Out
· Make sure there will be enough table space and chairs for everyone. Arrange to borrow or rent extra if needed. Consider setting up a separate table for kids.
· Set out napkins, tablecloths, and place settings, and decide on a centerpiece.
· Find the turkey-roasting pan and rack, cutting boards, a baster, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, and parchment paper.
· Sharpen chopping and carving knives.
· Make sure you have enough pots and pans, and decide the sequence of preparing recipes so cookware will be available as needed.
· Check for serving utensils, serving platter for the turkey, carving knife, gravy boat, and ladle.
· Are there plenty of plastic containers and freezer bags for leftovers?